I’m Christina “Chride” Lassheikki, b. 1992, a Helsinki-based game maker, freelance illustrator and narrative designer and writer for games with a background in games research and art education. I’m currently finishing my MA in New Media – Game Design and Production at the Media Lab of Aalto University, and I work as the Narrative Designer for Helsinki-based mobile game studio Skunkworks Games.
My writing has been seen by over a million players in Merge Friends. My previous work includes the CHI Play Student Game Design Competion-finalist Aalto Drawing, which is a mobile game that teaches you how to draw, Finnish Game Jam Award-winning Android game Mochabot Organic, and the educational AR-enhanced Aalto Junior Escape escape room. During my time as a Research Assistant in the Playable Concepts-project at Department of Media, Aalto University, I taught game development and produced tens of tiny games. I’m a certified teacher and hold an MA in art education, and love teaching art, animation and game dev. You can also find my narrative design in over 20 game jam games; including Grumpy Librarian, Sleepy Tales and Marco/Polo, which was featured in Unity’s post-GGJ 2021 stream for its innovative use of audio, and atmospheric 3D world.
In my spare time I practice singing, drink lots of peppermint tea, volunteer my time for the IGDA Game Writing SIG as one of the , and for the Finnish Game Jam association as one of the organizers of Pride Game Jam HKI, and on the graphics team and code of conduct teams. Welcome!
Find out more:
Latest posts in the blog:
- Brainstorming for Online Game Jams Using Discord
- Media Release: Run, Darling, run! – ‘Codename Darling’ update released for Windows, Mac, web and Android
- New article out – ‘Designing Games as Playable Concepts’ in DiGRA 2020 Proceedings
- Tips for solodev game jamming
- Why I’m not doing #inktober this year, and 5 tips if you are
- Setting up reaction roles and pronouns on Discord with Zira
- Press Release: i didn’t make a game for this jam
- Övning: Studier i billiga material
Get in touch:
Email: classheikki [at] gmail.com Discord: classheikki#5472